Sunday 21 August 2011

Food story: Three Bags Full

So due to the request of friends, I've decided to start recommending places to eat(restaurants, cafes, bars etc.) in Melbourne (and around the world when I travel). Given that I eat out a lot and take lots of photos, this seemed like a good idea :D I think I write quite a bit whenever I make an entry, so I'm going to try to cut the reviews short, and only post about awesome places and let the pictures do most of the talking :)


Three Bags Full

A few weeks ago, I went for a lovely Brunch to catch up with my China crew (friends who I spent a summer travelling and studying with in China.) We spent the morning chatting, photowhoring and eating at Three Bags Full in North Richmond. Here are some photos:

A pretty cafe

Crushed Peas, poached eggs, tomato relish and feta on toast :)


Ricotta pancakes with Ricotta, berries and orange sauce

The breakfast table

Teacup lights!

More of the awesome interior

Muffins, cakes and slices :)

A slightly fuzzy pic of jams and breads

Cafe: The place looked very cozy. The choice of lights were interesting, and the seats (made from traffic signs) created an original look. I also like the flowers that were placed around the space. No overall theme, but a very warm, open dining space.

Customer service: The waiter was friendly and answered all our questions. He did forget our drinks after clarifying our orders with us twice :s (I guess it was because he tried to remember them all off the top of his head instead of write it down? There were quite a few of us at Brunch!), but aside from that, everything was ok.

Food: ...Was really, really nice! Everything was colourful, well presented and tasty :) The menu was also very original - it had all the old favourites like 'Eggs Benedict', 'Eggs Florentine' etc. But it also had stuff like 'Peas and eggs' (Crushed peas, poached eggs, tomato relish on rye toast). 'Peas and eggs' turned out to be a good choice. It's been 2 weeks since I was at Three Bags Full and I'm still craving this dish :( The Ricotta pancakes were lovely, both picture-wise and taste-wise. They were also super filling :D Ate like a glutton here!

Price range: $10-$30 (both the dishes mentioned above were $15 each)

With thanks to: My China crew, for a fantastic day :)

Anyway, if you'd like to visit, the address is
Corner of Nicholson St and Mollison St, Abbotsford

Website:


No comments:

Post a Comment